What does STAR stand for?
Subtract, take out unnecessary words, thoughts, ideas, feelings, etc.
Trade information, support, examples, useless information for useful information
Add words, ideas, support, thoughts, details, etc.
Rearrange paragraphs, words, sentences, thoughts, ideas, support, details, etc.
Why do we start a new paragraph?
Change occurs
New idea/thought/support
New setting
New scene
Dialogue - new speaker
Why do we start a new stanza?
We want the reader to jump to a new thought, idea, feeling, setting, time.
We are sticking to a rhyme scheme.
How should we use words, punctuation (commas, periods, dashes) capitalization, spacing, format in a poem?
WITH A PURPOSE!!
You have the control.
Think about
Why am I putting a period there?
Why am I capitalizing that?
Why am I leaving this all as lower case?
Why am I using a dash?
Why did I choose that word?
Where do I want the reader to stop or pause?
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment