Read the following transcript.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/02/ltm.01.html
What is your reaction to the information to this transcript? How does this relate to what you have seen in the documentary? Does this add new understanding?
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel that it adds more info to the documentary. I learned more of what was going on and what was happening. This info gives me a new understanding to the problems that New Orleans was facing and what was going on. When the hurricane hit New Orleans I was about 11 so I didnt know what was really going on, but after watching the video and reading about it I learned how bad it really was and how something that wasnt finished (the levees) could add so much more work to something.
ReplyDeleteThis transcript helped me realize how bad things were. I didn't know how many people were sick and was surprised that the doctors volunteered and worked so hard. What I saw in the documentary wasn't as specific as the transcript. There were so many details that the documentary didn't show but it made me feel bad. The transcript filled in a lot of blanks that I had and I was glad that some people got help but very sad because others died.
ReplyDeletePeriod:3
The CNN transcript that was provided on the blog opened my eyes to all of the negative things that were going on in New Orleans. I learned about more of the things that were going on, and not people just loosing their homes. I can connect with this, sort of, because my dance teacher was from Louisiana, and came to New York to escape the storm. She told us all about it, and the information from this article and the video helped me to better understand it, along with becoming more interested.
ReplyDeleteThe transcript explained more about the bad side of the hurricane. People lost more than their homes. They lost their lives or beloved family members and many people wouldn't be able to understand it. I can't relate with this because I didn't have any experience with hurricanes in my whole life. But these information helped me take a step towards the experience of being hit by the hurricane.
ReplyDeletethe transcript actually explained more about the affects of hurricane katrina and how bad it was. it affected thousands of people and made them lose their homes and some even lost their loved ones. i can kind of connect to this because, what angelina said, i knew someone from new orleans. me and angelina had the same dance teacher who was Monica and she told us she was from new orleans and had family there that experienced hurricane katrina. but thank god they were all ok, but still they did lose their belongings and etc when they came to NYC. she would tell us stories about it, and this transcript helped me understand clearer of the situation. also, it made me more interested about hurricane katrina and new orleans because i never really went into it and now im intrigued by it!
ReplyDeleteThis transcript definently added more to my point of view on things and supports the documentary. After reading the transcript I felt the same exact way Mayor Ray Nagin did, I was infuriated. The government wasn't taking any action and those that were at least trying to make an effort and no back up from President Bush. We heard the interview with Mayor Ray Nagin on the WWL Radio Station in the documentary and we say Soledad O'Brien disuccsing how the government was just so ignorant and didn't have any insight what so ever on what was going on down in New Orleans. It is just very sad and tradgic what happened to all those people because of the lack of response from OUR government.
ReplyDeleteGabrielle Rosado
Class Period 4